Users can lock fields in CrossLink Online by restricting the field. Restricting a field on a form or worksheet within a tax return will prevent users from being able to fill it out. The only login that can see all fields will be the EFIN/Office login.
Follow the instructions below to successfully restrict a field:
Method 1 – Restricting Fields within Office Settings
1. Login with an EFIN/Office Access Level.
🖐 Note: Click the Profile Menu to view the user access level.
2. Click Office Settings.
3. Click Restricted Fields.
4. Enter the Field Code to be restricted and select Add Row +.
🖐 Note: To export a list of Field Codes from CrossLink 1040, see 1040 – Exporting Restricted Fields
Method 2 – Restricting Fields within a Return
1. Open a tax return.
2. Select the ‘i’ button on the right-hand side to pop-out Field Description Side-Bar.
3. Select the field/line you want to be restricted, and click Lock Field within the sidebar.
🖐 Note: To lock a field within a Worksheet, the field/line itself, must have a worksheet. If the field/line has a worksheet, the Worksheet button, within the Field Description Side-Bar, will be available.
4. At this point you have added that field to your restricted fields listing located in Office Settings
> Restricted Fields.